Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

GTA-IV - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* GTA-IV > Topics

Subject: GTA-IV NEWS!
Replies: 123 Views: 8210
1-> 7->>

eboy83 25.10.07 - 11:48pm
gi0qqsb8bt.Jpg i've created this topic to keep everyone up to date with the latest news about GTA-IV, i'll try to keep this updated regularly as i do in the forums, anyone can contribute as well. . *GTA-IV news will now be exclusive to this group* *

eboy83 25.10.07 - 11:52pm
According to a gaming website, a Rockstar rep has told them that developers are considering the possibility of an open world in GTA IV which is completely unlocked from the beginning of the game.

eboy83 25.10.07 - 11:53pm
Playstation's Holiday Preview event has revealed a little bit of info on multiplayer for GTA IV. The game's multiplayer mode, is aiming for at least 16 simultaneous players, with more than just a deathmatch mode. They have also revealed that they had begun testing various plots *

eboy83 25.10.07 - 11:55pm
Janco Partners an*lyst Mike Hickey believes the market is generally underestimating the next GTA game's initial success. He says that if it had the same attach rate as Halo 3 then the title could conceivably ship 9.5 million units of game in the first week, producing an astonishing 466 million in sales. He predicts first-week sales would approach 8.1 million copies.

eboy83 26.10.07 - 11:43pm
omg.GIF news is so hard to come by!! faint.GIF d*mn Rockstar has this one under the blankets! i'll continue to search though and i hope to report some new news soon *

manchesr 27.10.07 - 12:43am
Yeah more new news should come to light around christmas time maybe a new trailer or screens! tea.GIF *

manchesr 13.11.07 - 04:55pm
Note for newcomers you will find Gta iv tid bits in most posts but this will be the main news topic! *

eboy83 14.11.07 - 02:48am
Yeah im still looking for something good to report, but everything has either been covered or like chris said, not worthwile to post sigh.GIF hopefully soon though *

eboy83 16.11.07 - 02:48pm
OXM has conducted a first look on Rockstar's GTA IV and thankfully it's all good. They claim that they are evolving the genre, and by the end of the demo they played, the prospects of IV were just looking better and better

eric79ff 16.11.07 - 11:43pm
news is always hard to come by from R* when new games are to be released its the law cop.GIF *

eboy83 18.11.07 - 11:24am
Oh i've decided to make all GTA news exclusive to this group lol so you wont find the info in the regular gaming news, just here flip.GIF *

manchesr 20.11.07 - 01:41am
Cheers dude! And this post is protected! *

eric79ff 20.11.07 - 05:29am
thats all good dude. like what your saying *

chrisl18 20.11.07 - 11:23pm
yeah eboy. keep it coming *

eboy83 25.11.07 - 02:23am
Tbh when i created this topic i thought i'd at least find one piece of info on GTA a day faint.GIF boy was i wrong! *

mikewall 27.11.07 - 09:13am
Rock star like to let hype build by not saying too much release a new pic once in awhile with little clues! don't just look at any pic in whole look and an*lyse it all! eg the importance of gang clothing in sa, the mini 2 player game too a pic was released but overlooked for ages! rockstar never just come out and say anything and god does it work for them! what can we make from pics and vids so far! 1. new level of interaction not only can you jack them but maybe grab hold to escape 2. subway trains back 3. interactive crowds 4. much higher ai on police they seem to follow you maybe checking your car out. this is all just ideas but just look closer at what ever rockstar release! *

eboy83 28.11.07 - 01:46am
Take-Two Chairman Strauss Zelnick has said that he is much more interested in growing Take-Two than in selling it. He believes that the next five to seven years this is a terrific time to be in the video game business. He also said that he sees four to six publishers dominating the gaming side of an industry in the future. When speaking about the delay Grand Theft Auto IV, he said that it will be beneficial. I believe this release, 'Grand Theft Auto IV,' is going to be vastly better than those expectations -- vastly better -- and that's hard to do when expectations are so high, he said.

manchesr 28.11.07 - 09:50am
Ah finally some news lol cheers..And yeah mike your right i'm gonna check all screens and try and get more info from them i'll post anything i find in rumours post as its not actuall news lol. *

eboy83 29.11.07 - 01:32pm
Rockstar Games has revealed that a new trailer for GTA IV will be released next week on Thursday 3PM EST. The name of the new trailer will be titled 'Move up, Ladies'. This will be the third trailer that Rockstar has released for the game. *

manchesr 29.11.07 - 02:20pm
Great news mate thanks for that gotta get our kid to burn it onto a disc for me lol aint missin this for anything *

manchesr 30.11.07 - 06:45pm
Can't wait for this trailer woo! *

eboy83 1.12.07 - 01:17am
Yeah i'll have to look on the web for it sometime hyper.GIF *

manchesr 1.12.07 - 01:18am
Hope ya like the decorating lol. *

eboy83 1.12.07 - 01:46am
Yeah it looks awesome! I'll try and get some pics (if i have time in the morning) to add to the files section. *

manchesr 1.12.07 - 01:53am
Yeah that'd be great dude! The more the better! *

manchesr 4.12.07 - 01:25am
*GTA-IV TRAILER IS OUT THURSDAY 8pm UK TIME! http://www.Rockstargames.com/iv/ [Click here] TO VIEW NEW TRAILER* note:trailer only available from 8pm uk time on thursday and may have problems downloading it as millions of ppl will be doing the same so be patient ta. *

8letters 4.12.07 - 02:53pm
It's weird, when trailer 2 came out I went to Yahoo! to watch it, waited for some mins and watched it the second it came available. No lag whatsoever. Maybe Yahoo don't have a lot of visitors chin.GIF *

manchesr 5.12.07 - 10:26am
Yes you maybe right lol *

chrisl89 5.12.07 - 11:16pm
i think it will be easier to get then the 1st one. everyone in the gaming world watch that trailer. *

eboy83 7.12.07 - 09:22am
During a recent mini interview on the subject of GTA IV, Rockstar commented that the level of detail is something which people viewing the third trailer may overlook.

IGN: Is there anything in the trailer that people might overlook?

Rockstar: The level of detail - look at the wheels of the motor bikes, the details in the faces and light reflected in the river. This same level of details exists throughout the game - not just in terms of art, but also mission design, animation, physics, narrative, audio, AI and world atmosphere. Creating a detailed but still consistent and believable game world has always been one of our aims with any Grand Theft Auto, and for Grand Theft Auto IV it has led to an amazing amount of life and detail in every aspect of the production.

manchesr 7.12.07 - 03:43pm
Nice one eboy! 2thumbs_up.GIF *

8letters 7.12.07 - 09:14pm
Don't thank him, thank Rockstar dance3.GIF

eboy83 7.12.07 - 09:32pm
dont know how much this will affect gta-iv but maybe future titles might be: Wedbush Morgan an*lyst Michael Pachter believes Grand Theft Auto series developer Rockstar North may look to split off from parent Take-Two Interactive in 2009. Sam and Dan Houser, founders of Take-Two publisher subsidiary Rockstar Games, have a contract with Take-Two that expires in February 2009. Pachter says that after the 850 million USD Pandemic/Bioware deal, Rockstar would be looking to test their market value. *

8letters 7.12.07 - 09:43pm
Smaller budget maybe? What if it goes to ? chin.GIF *

manchesr 11.12.07 - 10:03pm
smoke.GIF hmmm.... *

eboy83 14.12.07 - 10:19pm
Grand Theft Auto IV has been given the highest possible rating MA 15+ by the Australian Classification board. No 18+ classification exists in Australia so if it doesn't meet the MA 15+ criteria it gets banned. So good news for Australians as the MA 15+ rating means the game can go on sale, hopefully the troubles we've seen in the past won't creep up again.

manchesr 15.12.07 - 05:07pm
I'm glad its got a high rating as i want a very violent GTA game lol! *

eboy83 16.12.07 - 12:40pm
theres some cool gta iv themes up on psu for those interested

manchesr 19.12.07 - 12:29pm
smoke.GIF ~BREAKING NEWS! NEW RELEASE DATE FOR GTA-IV 25TH OF APRIL 2008~ lets hope they keep to it. *

manchesr 27.12.07 - 09:23pm
Iggy pop has claimed that he is doing voice work for GTA-IV however the interview was mainly focused on his music. *

manchesr 27.12.07 - 09:27pm
Rockstar have now given us an inside look at a handfull of characters that you'll come across during your journeys into liberty city so take a look at the character & weapons post. *

manchesr 27.12.07 - 09:40pm
A map of broker, The map shows a small area of broker,liberty city its deduced entirely from what is revealed in screenshots and trailers. And therefore is mostly accurate but not entirely accurate. It was produced by the combined efforts of people from another GTA site. It is only a small part of broker though. But Also attempts are being made to map parts of the 'algonquin' area. The map of broker is now available for download in files go to files section to view or download it *

manchesr 2.01.08 - 02:02pm
No news about i'm sorry i'll keep looking. *

manchesr 4.01.08 - 02:58am
Another GTA site has found a map on the 3rd trailer named 'move up ladies' the map was found on a police boat in the trailer.You can see the map in the 'map revealed' post. or download it in files. *

scree 7.01.08 - 02:03am
No ammu-nation, instead Nico has to call up arms dealers, like Little Jacob, who sell AK's out of the trunk of their cars.. *

scree 7.01.08 - 02:06am
Nico's phone enables him to access missions through calls or texts. he can ring ppl in areas he's passing through to see if they have some work going too. It's also used to set up 16-player multiplayer games. *

manchesr 7.01.08 - 02:48am
Yes we know all that scree lol if you'd read the post's you would find it already here lol but thanks anyway! *

scree 7.01.08 - 03:09am
Commit a crime and a circle appears around Nico on the in game radar- any cops within this radius will then mount a pursuit. to loose the tail Nico must get out of this hot zone unseen- if hes spotted then the chase re-centres on his current position. The size of the area you hav to flee also depends on the seriousness of your crime. get caught smashin a window to steal a car n u might only hav2.. *

scree 7.01.08 - 03:11am
reach the end of the rd. gun down half the police force n you can expect a pretty lengthy road trip b4 its safe... *

scree 7.01.08 - 03:59am
I'ts posted manc lol.. theres no stars anymore just an area you hav2 escape frm without being seen... *

manchesr 7.01.08 - 04:02am
Yeah its gonna be like the scarface radar thing it will glow red when your in the cop's sight the more shootings or carjacking's ya do the red area on radar gets bigger. *

1-> 7->>

* GTA-IV Forum

Search:
topics replies

* GTA-IV

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits